Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spanish lessons!

Things have been fairly normal here, fairly steady. I've been working like usual and my Spanish has been getting better and better. Lately, I've been challenging myself to practice new grammar and reinforce the grammar that I already know when I'm speaking to my colleagues. I will only send text messages in Spanish, even though I've already passed the written portion of the exams that I need in order to be certified to teach Spanish in Michigan. I've been told that my Spanish has been improving immensely over the past few weeks especially, so I know that it's proving well for me!

I'm also very excited to teach my first official Spanish lesson on Monday. A few Canadians are here on an exchange type program where they work in the local schools and have a home stay for three months. They know very little Spanish (less than the first semester of Spanish in high school) and approached Wall Street Institute to inquire about the possibility of Spanish lessons. I'm very excited about it! There will now be four of them instead of the original two who just wanted lessons, so it should be very interesting and rewarding on my end as well. I'm definitely looking forward to it! I've been preparing my lesson for them all weekend.

I'm thinking of starting with the very basics, such as: "Como te llamas?" or "Como se llama?" and a few other basic conversations such as this. I'm also hoping to include some pronunciation for them as well, because I know that's one of the biggest challenges when it comes to learning a new language. I'm very excited and I'm sure that it will be a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment